Things to avoid!
- Don’t try new products before a big event – no matter what the writing on the bottle is promising for a quick fix etc its not worth testing the waters with a new product before a big day as you cant tell how you skin will react to the treatment.
- Avoid over using your skin solutions – Sometimes we get too eager beaver wanting to speed up our results but over using will only over stimulate the skin leaving us with even more skin problems to deal with!
- Stop using your skincare if it feels like its “burning”! – its normal to feel a slight tingling sensation with some products that are stimulating, this means they are working. But there is a level! If a product feels like its too much on the skin, burning, causing itchiness, redness or stinging then take it off immediately.
Things to do!
- Do a patch test first – behind the ear where it can’t be seen but its important to test for reactions before using it on your face. Wait 24 hours to check for any response on the skin.
- Introduce each new product gradually – This way you can identify straight away which product might be causing a response in your skin or you’ll be able to tell easier if a product isn’t quite right for your skin.
- Give it a chance! – Be prepared to give your new skincare routine 4 weeks to start notice any changes and 6-12 weeks to know if it’s the right plan for you. Changes in the skin take time but it is worth it!
To start your new routine today!